My family sends me emails that always get me thinking or inspire me to fulfill my most abstract dreams. Today’s email, sent from my cousin Annette, reminded me to live life like there’s no tomorrow.
I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can’t see from the center. (Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.)
(1) The Stone…after it’s thrown (2) The Word…after it’s said, (3) The Occasion…after it’s missed, and (4) The Time…after it’s gone, (5) A person…after they pass away.
I don’t know where life’s journey may take me, but I refuse to look back and say I’ve not taken full advantage of every opportunity given to me, while still taking the time to smell the roses.
My mother always taught me there are things/people put in your life for a reason, season, or lifetime, and that it was my destiny to figure out why for as I took each step in my life.
There are five things that you cannot recover in life:
(1) The Stone…after it’s thrown
(2) The Word…after it’s said,
(3) The Occasion…after it’s missed, and
(4) The Time…after it’s gone.
(5) A person…after they die